Tuesday, September 9, 2014

TKES/TAPS Teacher information for evaluation

I decided that I would have copies of the TAPS (Teacher Assessment on Performance Standards) information at my area in preparation for the first observation.  I copied the standards and each element for Standard 3 & 7 and then underlined the parts I wanted to ensure I mentioned during the observation.  While I would normally say or have the students demonstrate 90% of this anyway, I want to hit 100%.

To that end, I had a copy of the Depth of Knowledge section from my lesson plans with questions for levels 1, 2, 3, & 4 highlighted (so that I could see the easily), then overlaid a copy of Standards 3 & 7 with the specific elements underlined.  It looks like this:


This is the lesson plan format I created last year to prepare for TKES.  Each line/element is a drop down field where I can create a TKES/TAPS complete and compatible lesson plan for a class in <1 minute.  You can see it here, but you can also see it at my online portfolio (here) or in my Keys to Successful Teacher Assessment (here),

No comments:

Post a Comment